All about the job
In your day-to-day job you will implement end-to-end solutions across our stack. Part of your responsibility will be to introduce and promote best-practices. Your experience will help us select the right tools for the jobs we do and constantly make Viomedo more useful for patients, doctors and pharmaceutical companies that run clinical-trials.
This is a full-time position that is based in our office in Berlin Kreuzberg (Wrangelkiez). A full remote position is also possible.
Our development culture
The Viomedo development team has the shared goal of constantly shipping high quality software at a high pace in a fast moving environment. We embrace automatic software testing, peer review and other agile techniques to ensure high software quality. Taking over responsibility and ownership for the tasks we work on is essential to us. We release new software every day.
"You build it, you deploy it, you break it, you fix it."
You will be closely working with the rest of the Viomedo team and be shipping code from day one.
Tools we work with:
- Application: Node.js (Express, React)
- View: Pug (Jade) - Template Engine
- Style: SASS, LESS
- Build tool: webpack, gulp.js
- Version control: Git (GitHub)
- Quality: Mocha, Continuous Integration (CI), Nightwatch (Selenium)
- Hosting: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Data storage: PostgreSQL, Sequelize ORM, RethinkDB
- Cache: Redis
- Search: Elasticsearch
- Infrastructure: Terraform
- Provisioning/Deployment: Ansible
- Minimum of 3 years experience in web application development with at least 2 years of Node.js
- Test driven development (TDD) is an integral part to your daily developer routine
- Extended experience with exposing and consuming non-trivial REST APIs
- Experience with databases (SQL and/or NoSQL)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS) is a plus
- Experience with search technology (preferably Elasticsearch) is a plus
- Having worked with sensitive data (healthcare, finance, etc.) is a plus
- Having built scalable applications with a service oriented approach is a plus
- You are driven by impact and the desire to learn. While you can embrace ambiguity of a startup environment you don’t forget the fun, too.
- You enjoy a work environment with minimal hand-holding or supervision.
What we offer you
- Make your work count by helping to improve the lives of millions of people.
- A highly competitive package to attract and retain top talent
- Work in a fast-paced environment on hard problems using cutting-edge technology.
- A nice office in Berlin Kreuzberg (Wrangelkiez) with free drinks and fruit included.
- Work and enjoy live in awesome Berlin.
- Position can also be fully remote.
On average, it takes 12 years to bring an innovative treatment to market and allow doctors to use it in standard practice. Millions of patients can’t wait that long for a cure or improvement of their condition. In the meantime these exact treatments are available within clinical trials, that most patients can’t access right now.
Viomedo is the first online platform in Germany that gives patients full transparency into innovative treatment options and allows them to consider the participation in a clinical trial that they might benefit from. Moreover, we are helping the organizations that run and sponsor trials such as large research hospitals and pharmaceutical companies to enroll patients in their trials faster and more reliably. This is the first step on the way to realizing our vision of bringing new treatment methods to the people who need them faster.
If this sounds like you then get in touch now and delight us with your unique application! We have HUGE projects in the pipeline this year and need the best talent on-board to help achieve our goals.
Stefan Nietert, CTO I’ll be answering your application. "Viomedo is for everyone! Our users and clients are young and old, men and women, with or without phds. That is why our whole team believes that we as an organization will only succeed if we invite everybody to contribute, appreciate diversity and develop an inclusive culture."