All about the job
Everything you see on Viomedo was built by non-professional frontend engineers, nameley our CEO (more the business guy) and our CTO (has chosen backend focus long time ago to avoid frontend). That´s why we need you to finally bring frontend-professionalism into the Viomedo team. So basically, you’ll be replacing the Viomedo CEO and CTO. Now that’s a special job right there.
In your day-to-day job you will be responsible for everything frontend at Viomedo. Part of your responsibility will be to introduce and promote best-practices. Your experience will help us select the right tools for the job to constantly improve Viomedo for patients, doctors and pharmaceutical companies that run clinical-trials.
This is a full-time position that is based in Berlin.
Tools we work with:
- Applications: Node.js (Express), Angular.js (ng-admin)
- View: Jade - Template Engine
- Styles: LESS, Bootstrap
- Build tool: gulp.js
- Version control: Git
- Quality: Mocha, Selenium, nightwatch.js, Continuous Integration (CI)
- Hosting: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Data storage: PostgreSQL, RethinkDB, Sequelize ORM
- Cache: Redis
- Search: Elasticsearch
- Infrastructure management: Terraform, Ansible
You have experience with Node.js and preferably also with the Express framework.
You have experience with at least one modern frontend framework (React & Flux, Angular.js, …). You have used it for more than a hello world or code school project.
You have worked with REST APIs.
We're dealing with very sensitive information at Viomedo. You should be able to protect it by using your knowledge of cookie management, crossdomain scripting and other browser security issues.
You are passionate about web user interfaces and pay attention to the little details. Using tests to ensure the quality of your work is important to you.
A Computer Science background is considered a plus.
What we offer you
- Join a company where your work makes a difference for millions of people from day one.
- You´ll have lot of space as a developer to dive deep into technology. We want you to!
- The most exciting times are just ahead as the company is scaling now and you can be part of this journey.
- A highly competitive package to attract and retain top talent, including option to take part in the employee stock option program (ESOP).
- Pick your tools you think are right to do your job.
- Join a team of experienced and ambitious doers. You work directly with the founders team.
- Fresh setup for you: Macbook and large screen monitor and everything else you may need.
- New office in the heart of Kreuzberg in a nice area with good food and public transportation close by.
- Team events like company dinner, after work drinks, office parties etc.
- Free drinks and fruits.
On average, it takes 12 years to bring an innovative treatment to market and allow doctors to use it in standard practice. Millions of patients can’t wait that long for a cure or improvement of their condition. In the meantime these exact treatments are available within clinical trials, that most patients can’t access right now.
Viomedo is the first online platform in Germany that gives patients full transparency into innovative treatment options and allows them to consider the participation in a clinical trial that they might benefit from. Moreover, we are helping the organizations that run and sponsor trials such as large research hospitals and pharmaceutical companies to enroll patients in their trials faster and more reliably. This is the first step on the way to realizing our vision of bringing new treatment methods to the people who need them faster.
If this sounds like you then get in touch now and delight us with your unique application! We have HUGE projects in the pipeline this year and need the best talent on-board to help achieve our goals.
Stefan Nietert, CTO I’ll be answering your application. "Viomedo is for everyone! Our users and clients are young and old, men and women, with or without phds. That is why our whole team believes that we as an organization will only succeed if we invite everybody to contribute, appreciate diversity and develop an inclusive culture."